UK Based Monzo Sees Customers Base Grow and Become More Loyal

Monzo has grown its customer base over five times in one year and used different methods that help keep that base coming back; they ask for community feedback, open the company for equity crowdfunding rounds so users can invest and they host small, intimate events; 80 percent of their growth is word of mouth, the remaining 20 percent is through ads on Facebook and Twitter; “The biggest challenge is that we’re growing very fast — our customer and employee numbers are growing fast — we want to keep the customer focus, how we operate a transparent customer growth approach, and how we do that at scale,” as Tristan Thomas, Monzo’s head of marketing and community, tells TearSheet. Source.

  • Todd Anderson

    Todd is the host of PitchIt: the fintech startups podcast, a weekly interview show featuring emerging fintech founders and leading venture capitalists. He is responsible for leading the content team which covers fintech through daily & weekly email newsletters, editorial, virtual events, and in-person conferences. He has been covering fintech, banking, and venture capital for more than 15 years, including speaking regularly at industry events.